Should you have Citi Costco Visa?
Benefits on Citi Costco Visa:
- 4% on eligible gas worldwide, including gas at Costco, for the first $7,000 per year
- 3% on restaurant and eligible travel purchases worldwide
- 2% on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% on all other purchases
Cash back will be provided as an annual credit card reward certificate in February billing statements, redeemable for cash or merchandise at US Costco Warehouses.
It depends on what are in your wallet. I have:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve card to earn 3% on restaurant and eligible travel purchases
- Citi ThankYou Premier card to earn 3% on gas
- Chase Freedom to earn 5% on each quarter categories. Usually it involves gas, restaurant, and warehouse clubs, like Costco
- Chase Ink Business Plus to earn 5% at office supply stores, so I can purchase gift cards for retailers and gas stations
You should review what you have in your wallet to determine will Citi Costco Visa benefit you. Needless to say, I love the cards that give me bonus points or miles after I spend certain amount on purchases in new account opening.
For the last 3 quarters, Chase Freedom Visa card has warehouse clubs, including Costco, as one of its 5% categories. Therefore, I am ahead of the game even though I do not have Citi Costco Visa.